This morning I decided to go and pick some apples that I have in my backyard. What better way to use them than to make Bosnian Apple Pie. Bosnian Apple pie is different from American Apple pie so here is the recipe on how to make one!
- 10-12 Apples
- 1 pack of Filo pastry ( I made my own Pastry Bosnian way)
- 1 kg Sugar
- 1 l Water
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1 cup of dry raisins
- 1 pack of Vanilla sugar
- Cooking oil
- First, put 1 kg of sugar into a 1l of water and boil until it turns into syrup
- While sugar and water are cooking peel and shred the apples.
- Once shredded combine them with walnuts dry raisins and vanilla sugar.
- Take the filo pastry out of the packet and layer it with two sheets of filo pastry put apple mix and roll it, once it’s rolled cut it into little pieces, oil it and keep it up until all ingredients are used up. ( In my Case I made my own dough and did exactly like I would make original pita for my Bosnian Lady’s you guys know what I am talking about )
- Once you are done cutting it, place it into a pan. I did mine in a circle.
- Bake in preheated oven at 380 degrees for about 20-30 minutes (until golden brown) and pour hot syrup once you take it out of the oven. Do it slowly allowing pastry to soak up the syrup. This apple pie is best if left overnight to cool.